Sunday, April 29, 2012

Reading A to Z: W is for Wilde

I honestly hadn't yet read any Oscar Wilde prior to watching the movie The Importance of Being Earnest, starring Colin Firth, Reese Witherspoon and Rupert Everett. But I fell madly in love with that movie and have seen it dozens of times since. So, I picked up a used copy of the play. I was happy to see that the movie closely followed it. I laughed out loud while reading it, almost as much as I did while watching it.


I have also read most of The Picture of Dorian Gray. That horror novel is about a man whose painted portrait ages while he does not is a classic and intriguing read. One of these days I may actually finish it.


The man penned numerous books, plays and poems that shared his wit. I hope to read more of them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to tremendous amounts of spam, all comments are moderated and will be approved and published throughout the day.